One thing I’ve quickly discovered is that GLAMR folk benefit from building a robust digital toolbox.
Well, during the course of my studies, I’ve run up against several assignments and tasks that have required a creative solution within a short time frame. From putting together a digital content curation to creating a persona poster or making an appealing banner for your webpage – having a bunch of easy to use, (preferably!) free and polished digital tools to call on is a must for many a GLAMR student and professional.
Without further ado, here is a short list of my ‘go to’ digital tools:
- Digital image creation/enhancement: Canva, Stencil and Ripl
- Image editing: Gimp
- Icons: Noun project
- Infographics: Easelly and Pictochart
- Memes (!): Imgflip and Meme Generator
- Presentations: Prezi and Powtoon
- Digital content curation tools: Flipboard, Storify and elink
- Word clouds: Wordle
- Project hosting: GitHub
- Simple games: Twine and Game Salad
- Digital storytelling: Storybird
- Simple apps: Yapp
- Images: Pixabay and Flickr
- Mindmapping: MindMapFree
Of course, there are infinitely more great resources out there – if you have some that you love please comment!